- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 - reasonable expenses paid
Mindful Mums Volunteer Facilitators: Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich
Salary: £0 – reasonable expenses paid
Make a difference to local mums by delivering wellbeing and resilience groups to pregnant women and new mums in Children & Family Centres in the London boroughs of Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich.
As part of the Mindful Mums service, we are looking for volunteers to co-facilitate groups to help mums stay emotionally well, develop confidence and social connections during pregnancy, birth and the first year after birth (this is often called the perinatal period).
Your Skills and Experience
For volunteer facilitator roles, we ask that you:
- have good communication skills
- have experience of having felt stressed, low, anxious or have struggled with your mental or emotional wellbeing in other ways during pregnancy or as a mum
- are willing to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way.
Training You Will Be Given
Successful applicants will be trained in Awareness of Perinatal Mental Health, mindfulness, wellbeing, resilience and coping techniques, and leading and facilitating groups.
To get involved in this exciting opportunity to develop your own skills as well as supporting local mums to look after their mental health, we are asking you to:
- attend three in-person training sessions (Government guidance permitting)
- complete online training sessions including safeguarding courses
- deliver at least one 5 week course (up to 3 hours once a week)
- be available to deliver groups within school hours during term time.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Reasonable expenses will be paid.
What volunteers say about volunteering with Mindful Mums
“Becoming a Mindful Mums volunteer has been an incredible experience. I am proud to be part of an initiative that makes such a huge difference to women in my community. Giving women the chance to speak openly about their struggles, anxieties and worries without fear of judgment is empowering. Watching new mums laugh, cry, share advice and form friendships is a privilege, and I am proud to be part of something that has such a positive impact in the community. I have overcome nerves on my first day, been humbled by the strength of the women I have met, and completed a five week course feeling like I have genuinely made a huge difference. It has been inspiring and fulfilling, and I look forward to continuing my volunteering role knowing I am part of something so beneficial.”
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications
Monday 31st August 2020