- Job type
- Expiry date
- £0 (reasonable expenses paid)
Make a difference to local mums by delivering practical, social and listening support for pregnant and new mums across Bromley borough. Once the COVID-19 lockdown has finished, they will need support more than ever to help them reduce isolation and build social networks in their local community.
We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of managing their own mental health difficulties during pregnancy, birth or post-birth periods (this is often called the perinatal period).
We ask that you:
- Have good communication skills
- Understand the pressures and stresses facing women during pregnancy, birth and as new mums
- Are willing to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way
- Are reliable, consistent and dependable.
We will provide training and support which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need.
To get involved in this exciting opportunity to develop your own skills as well as supporting local mums to look after their mental health, we are asking you to:
- Attend our centres for up to five days of training (once a week, usually half-days) during September/October 2020. *
- Commit to at least 12 weeks befriending support (delivered at mutually agreed times, likely to be around two hours per week).
You will be carefully matched with a local mum to fit around your existing commitments.
Befriending will start from October 2020.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to Apply
Friday 18 September 2020
* We currently plan to deliver our training face-to-face; however, if this is not possible due to COVID-19, we will provide training via Zoom.