Mental Health First Aid
We are delighted to be able to offer our new Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) training.
Embedding Mental Health First Aider training into your organisation encourages employees to be more open about their mental wellbeing, encouraging early intervention which reduces stigma and creates a more positive workplace culture.
We offer the face-to-face MHFA course over two x one day sessions in our Covid-secure training venue in Beckenham (or we can come to your in-house venue). We also offer an online MHFA course over four x two hour ‘live workshops’ plus self-directed study.
This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
“Probably one of the best courses I have been on. I definitely feel a change in myself and feel I can and will immediately start applying what I’ve learnt.”
- Two-day face-to-face course across four manageable sessions.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We limit numbers to 10 people per course so that the instructor can keep you safe and supported while you learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it.
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
“Useful, actionable content which addressed the topics directly and concisely.”