Mental Health First Aid
We are delighted to be able to offer our new Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) training.
Staff wellbeing has never been more important than now. As employees who may have been working remotely for many months begin to return to the workplace, it’s vital to ensure their mental wellbeing is supported.
Embedding Mental Health First Aider training into your organisation encourages your people to be more open about their mental health, encouraging early intervention which reduces stigma and creates a more positive workplace culture.
We offer the face-to-face MHFA course over 2 x one-day sessions in our Covid-secure training venue in Beckenham (or we can come to your in-house venue). We also offer an online MHFA course over 4 x two-hour ‘live workshops’ plus self-directed study.
This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
“Probably one of the best courses I have been on. I definitely feel a change in myself and feel I can and will immediately start applying what I’ve learnt.”
July and September courses booking now
Booking is now open for our 2021 face-to-face Mental Health First Aider courses on the following dates:
- July 12 and 14
- Sept 13 and 15
To make a booking enquiry about either face-to-face or virtual training, please fill out the ‘Contact’ form at the bottom of this page.
Virtual: 4 x half days
Cost pp: 1-4 places
£200 + £25pp for MHFA Manual, Workbook, Certificate and Action Card
Cost pp: 5-10 places
£175 + £25pp for MHFA Manual, Workbook, Certificate and Action Card
Cost pp: 11-16 places
£150 + £25pp for MHFA Manual, Workbook, Certificate and Action Card *
* Charity discounts considered.
- Choose from our two-day face-to-face course or our virtual course across four half-days.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- We limit numbers to 16 people maximum per course so that the instructor can keep you safe and supported while you learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it.
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
“Useful, actionable content which addressed the topics directly and concisely.”