“I really enjoyed this course. The material and course leaders were brilliant. Courses like this are so important for mums. It is good to know you are not alone and that there is support in the community.”
We have supported 161 mums in our first year.
Lewisham Mindful Mums helps pregnant women and new mums in the London Borough of Lewisham to look after themselves during what can be a challenging period of their lives.
Lewisham Mindful Mums groups are free for women to learn how to stay emotionally well, develop confidence and social connections during pregnancy and in the first year of birth.
Groups are led by trained volunteers with their own personal experience of looking after themselves during pregnancy and the first year of birth.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all of our Lewisham Mindful Mum groups are taking place online via Zoom for the time being.
“It’s by far the best course I have been on in my three years of parenting.”
Mindful Mums Zoom Drop-in Sessions
Wednesdays: 11.30am – 12.15pm
Registration not required. Please email email@example.com for details of how to join in.
Mindful Mums Zoom Five-Week Course
Tuesdays: 12.30-2pm for five consecutive Tuesdays (Tuesday 9 June – Tuesday 7 July)
Fridays: 10.30am-12pm for five consecutive Fridays (Friday 12 June – Friday 10 July)
Registration required. Please fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
- Self-expectation versus reality.
- Explore the myth of a ‘Perfect Mum’ and changes in identity since becoming a parent.
- Self-image and media pressures.
- Discuss ways of improving confidence.
- Changing dynamics with partners, friends and family.
- Identifying ways in which you can maintain and improve relationships.
- Building your support network and breaking the routine.
- Ways of improving your daily lives with the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Managing Stress, Tiredness and Worry.
- Learn a mindfulness technique.
Please use the form below to register for a place, and we will email you details of how to join in on Zoom.