Caring for someone with dementia can be hugely challenging, physically and emotionally. We support the friends and family caring for someone with dementia in a number of ways.
Individual support and information
- Tailored information about dementia to assist you in your caring role.
- Support with accessing services in the local community.
- Carers groups and mutual support.
- Help with planning for the future.
- Help with understanding and accessing what you are legally entitled to as a carer.
Our workshops provide information about dementia, with a focus on the individual experience of the person with dementia. They are a chance to meet and share experiences with other dementia carers in similar situations.
Carers will find out more about:
- Understanding dementia – including benefits and support.
- The experience of dementia and the impact on the person.
- Meeting the emotional needs of the person with dementia.
Personalised coaching at home
Our home-coaching service focuses on your own experiences, challenges and needs as the carer of a person with dementia.
Coaching is available for individual carers or family groups to help you make the changes necessary to care for someone with dementia.