Sadly, due to Covid-19, there are currently no planned face-to-face fundraising events where we need the help of volunteers. However, we are hopeful we will be back running events soon and when we do, knowing we have a group of dedicated volunteers that we can call on will help make the events a success and raise vital funds.
Volunteer with us and help change lives in your local community
We are looking for a number of local fundraising volunteers who can get involved in our fundraising activities and events, as well as helping us to promote our charity’s work.
There are a variety of roles, so you can do as much or as little as suits you.
Whether you would like to help out once a year with a bucket collection or get involved in organising a fundraising event, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteer Opportunities available.
Join our Fundraising Group
Our small team of dedicated volunteers run a number of regular local fundraising events throughout the year, such as our charity quiz and Christmas church concert. You would be involved in organising or attending these events, as well as generating new fundraising ideas. You would also, where possible, meet every three months to plan and organise these events.
Even if you can only help at the occasional event, do get in touch.
Bucket collections and other fundraising events
We run bucket collections throughout the year at venues such as supermarkets, local football grounds and shopping centres. With your help we can do more!
We also have a variety of fundraising activities we need support with, including:
- Preparing/running stalls and events
- Cheering on marathon runners
- Helping at quiz nights
Reasons to become a fundraising volunteer
- Gain experience and insight into the world of charity fundraising
- An opportunity to give back to your local community
- A chance to engage with and meet new people, and have fun!
- Do something meaningful while raising funds to improve the lives of local people living with mental health problems and dementia
What we need from our fundraising volunteers
- Be prepared to come in for an informal chat about volunteering and happy for us to check references
- A passion for fundraising
- Have an interest in Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind and the work that we do
- Enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally
- Be personable, work well within a team and have great social skills in order to promote activities!
- Depending on the role, you may need to be comfortable using email and the internet
We are particularly keen to hear from anyone with experience or an interest in organising collections and fundraising events. You’d be a valuable resource for our friendly team.
What you can expect from us
- Induction and Training
- Reimbursement of agreed out-of-pocket expenses.
- Support from Fundraising Manager or Fundraising Group (depending on the role)
We can only offer roles to over 18s.
How to apply
If you don’t already have an account, please create one first. Then you can create and submit an online profile. Click ‘Apply for role’ below to continue.