DATA PROCESSING PRIVACY NOTICE
Reasons why we need information about you:
- To create an appropriate person centred plan in line with your needs;
- To plan, supply and deliver services;
- To work with and coordinate services with other organisations;
- To protect you or others from abuse or harm;
- To help you arrange and receive services when needed;
- So that external regulators, inspectors and funders can check and audit our services and ensure they meet the required standards;
- So that we may review, audit and improve the quality of our services and increase their benefit to you;
- So that we can check that our services are accessible to all parts of society.
Our Legal Duty
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind as data controllers have a duty to hold and process your information lawfully and fairly. We have an obligation to ensure the information is accurate and up to date. It must be held for no longer than is necessary and must be kept secure and confidential at all times.
Legal basis for holding and processing information
The legal basis on which we hold and process your data is legitimate interest, as we need the data in order to be able to be able to effectively provide you with a service and to monitor to what extent our services are effectively reaching all parts of society. Under law some types of data such as ethnicity, disability, religion, medical diagnosis are classed as special category data as it is perceived to be more sensitive. Where we hold this data we will do so under one of the following paragraphs of article 9 of the General Data Protection Guidelines 2018:
- Medical diagnosis – paragraph (h) that we are providing health or social care
- Equality and Diversity information – paragraph (a) that we have your explicit consent or that of a carer where this can be legally given, or paragraph (j) for statistical purposes where consent cannot be obtained. Equality and diversity information is held against your record, but any reporting on it is anonymised.
Where you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Confidentiality & sharing data
We will share your information with other organisation(s) working with BLG Mind to provide the best available service to you:
- Your GP
- Hospitals in the Bromley borough
- Bromley Social Services
It may also be necessary to share your information with other organisations working to support you, for example care agencies, housing organisations etc. We will normally gain your consent before doing so. However, in certain circumstances there may be occasions where it is necessary to share information without your consent. For example, in circumstances where disclosure is felt to be justified in the public interest e.g. to protect you or someone else from harm. In these circumstances the information shared will always be kept to the minimum necessary and you will be informed that it has or will be shared and why.
Right to complain
If at any time you think that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data you have a right to complain to our data protection lead who can be reached at Data.Controller@blgmind.org.uk. You may also complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
Alternatively, if you would like us to send you paper copies please phone 01689 811222.
Date of last update: 21 December 2020