Young Onset Dementia services
Bromley Dementia Support Hub provides support to younger people who develop dementia before the age of 65. We provide practical support for individuals and their carers. Our approach is a holistic one, which includes employment support, if required, and the needs of clients with young families.
First Thursday of every month, 11am – 12pm: Zoom guest speaker
Forthcoming speakers include a curator from the Wallace Collection to discuss the museum’s artworks, and Nikki Zimmerman from Rare Dementia Support, who will talk about rarer types of dementia and the support their service provides.
Third Thursday of every month, 11am – 12.30pm: Young Onset Dementia Cafe
People living with young onset dementia, their carers, family and friends are warmly invited to our monthly cafe at Community House in Bromley. This is an informal opportunity to meet others and enjoy a chat and a refreshing drink.
Second and fourth Thursdays of the Month, 11am – 12.30pm: Peer Support Group
Join our informal Peer Support Group at Community House on the second and fourth Thursdays of every month. These sessions are for the person with dementia only, although carers are obviously welcome to wait for them in the building.
Get in touch
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please telephone 020 3328 0366 / email email@example.com.
Getting to Community House
Community House used to be the former Magistrates’ Court and is opposite Bromley fire station.
Stop Q, Widmore Road/Bromley Town Hall: 61, 119, 138, 146, 246, 269, 352, 367Buses 246, 269, 126, 208, 227, 261, 314, 320, 336, 354, 358, 638
Stop P, Bromley Town Hall: 126, 208, 227, 261, 314, 320, 336, 354, 358, 638
Bromley North Railway Station
- Metered for two hours outside building in South Street.
- Parking in Sainsbury’s West Street (you will need to purchase shopping/a ticket).
- Two Blue Badge disabled parking bays close by in Court Street.
- Single yellow lines in South Street.
- Double yellow lines in Court Street.
- The Glades shopping centre: it’s best to use the Boots car park end as it is closest to Community House. The Widmore Road entrance is the easiest way to access this part of the Glades car park.