Bromley Dementia Support Hub provides practical support to individuals who develop dementia before the age of 65, and their carers.
Our approach is a holistic one, which includes employment support, if required, and the needs of clients with young families.
Weekly Peer Support Group for people living with dementia
If you are aged 65 or under and have been diagnosed with dementia, we warmly invite you to join our friendly and supportive weekly Peer Support Group. This is a safe and welcoming place to meet others in a similar situation, share experiences, gain tips and give and receive support. Outside of the weekly meet-ups, the group enjoys occasional outings as well as talks from local guest speakers.
Every Thursday 11am – 12.30pm in the Conference Room, Community House, South Street, Bromley, BR1 1RH – map. The peer support group is open to people with dementia only. Carers are more than welcome to accompany people to the group but we ask that they wait in the Community House Cafe next door
Get in touch
If you are interested in attending or finding out more, please telephone 020 3328 0366 / email email@example.com.
Getting to Community House
Community House used to be the former Magistrates’ Court and is opposite Bromley fire station.
Stop Q, Widmore Road/Bromley Town Hall: 61, 119, 138, 146, 246, 269, 352, 367Buses 246, 269, 126, 208, 227, 261, 314, 320, 336, 354, 358, 638
Stop P, Bromley Town Hall: 126, 208, 227, 261, 314, 320, 336, 354, 358, 638
Bromley North Railway Station
- Metered for two hours outside building in South Street.
- Parking in Sainsbury’s West Street (you will need to purchase shopping/a ticket).
- Two Blue Badge disabled parking bays close by in Court Street.
- Single yellow lines in South Street.
- Double yellow lines in Court Street.
- The Glades shopping centre: it’s best to use the Boots car park end as it is closest to Community House. The Widmore Road entrance is the easiest way to access this part of the Glades car park.
Bromley MindCare also offers a Young Onset Dementia Activists Group (YODA) in Beckenham, which is open to all living or caring for someone with young onset dementia in Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich.
The group meets weekly, offering mutual support and sharing fun experiences.